Thursday, July 5, 2007

Future socks

Here's something I learned today: Don't ever buy boucle yarn that you have to wind. It sticks to itself and I ended up winding this skein twice because the first go-round was so tight. I don't know if boucle stretches or not, but I couldn't just leave it in such a tight ball. I don't even know what I'm going to do with this yarn, but I got it from Misty Mountain Farm in Amissville, Virginia. It was beautiful AND on sale, so resistance was futile!

The two outside balls on the table are from Mountain Colors in Montana and will be socks in the near future (I hope!).

The ball in the center (I wish you could see it better) is a beautiful hand spun and dyed 5.5 ounce hank of yarn that I got for $11.00 (!!!!) at a really nice little yarn shop called The Cultured Purl (no website) in Libby, Montana. The shop owner, Susan Pugh, said the local park ranger's wife spins and dyes yarn for her shop. The day I was there, I just missed a spinning demo . . . darn!

No comments: