Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Love this sock yarn!

This is Colinette's Jitterbug 100% merino sock yarn. One skein makes a generous pair of socks. Besides being beautiful, it is easy on the hands, never splits, and feels good on your feet . . . although it definitely isn't a summer sock. But what I really love about it is the way the colors pool as you knit. The pattern is Cassandra Thoreson's "Fools Rush Sock," which is a lot of fun to knit. I'm on my third pair using this pattern.

I've got another skein of Jitterbug in a different colorway that I'm saving for SummerOfSocks, which starts day after tomorrow!
I'm a volunteer blog reader for SOS, and I understand that we each have about 30 blogs to monitor and then report on weekly. Wow! I may have to give up knitting to do all that blog reading. :)

We'll be on the road for the first two days of SOS, arriving in Kalispell, MT on Friday. I told my Technical Support Person (aka: husband, E.B. West) that once we get situated at the campground, his #1 priority is to be sure we have access to email and the internet!
Today we went here . . .
And you can read about it here.

1 comment:

Akaijen (Knitting Sutra) said...

Hi Jeannie - I'm your Blog Reader Jen. I see you're on the road. No worries. When you get back online, can you check in with me so I have your email address in my contacts. I'm at knittingsutra AT gmail DOT com. I don't want you to get filtered by the Spam blocker.

I can't wait to see your photos, even if I was hoping to contend for the Socks on Vacation photos. I can't compete with stunning scenery! ;)