Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's a sweater!

This is the third adult sweater that I have knitted . . . and the first one that actually fits me! Sweater #1 was a raglan pullover that was way too big. After laying around for a couple of years, I unraveled it to use the yarn in other projects.

Sweater #2 was a cute little thing. The emphasis here is on the word little. As in too little for me. Guess I thought I was too smart to swatch. Ha, learned a lesson from that one and swatched the heck out of the next sweater yarn. My mom was the lucky (?) recipient of the little sweater.

This one is "Tithe" from the book Noro Unlimited (can't find a link, but google NORO YARN and you'll come up with lots of options), which has lots of great patterns. I actually used Plymouth Yarns Boko to knit this because it was cheaper by half than the Noro yarn. Unfortunately, two out of ten skeins of Boku shredded when I tried to knit with them, so I can't recommend it. I have two other colorways of Boku and I'm hoping that they are a better quality. Several people on Ravelry have used Boku without problems.

Anyway, this sweater took about 8 skeins of Boku (50 gms each) and was knit on size 8 needles. It has 3/4 length sleeves and no buttons on the front. It is just something light to throw on when the weather is a little cool, or perhaps the A/C at a store or the movies. :)

1 comment:

Ina said...

Your cardi looks great! Sorry you had trouble with the yarn - it doesn't show in the finished product (at least not from here).