Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Current knitting

Just finished a pair of manly ankle socks in the Tampa Bay Buc's colors (red and gray) for a friend's birthday coming up this weekend. Both of the toes are gray, although the picture doesn't show this very well.







Next, I'm I just about finished with a lace scarf/ shawl in the most beautiful mohair blend 2-ply lace weight yarn . . . which I got on sale somewhere (Indiana?) this summer. I didn't know what I was going to do with it until I saw this pattern in Knit Simple magazine. This yarn is so soft, although a little warm to be knitting with in Florida in the summer.

Anyway, here's a picture of the work-in-progress (wip). This will be my first major lace blocking project, and I'm trying to figure out where in the motorhome I will find enough room to spread it out to block it!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

The socks are really cute - and the shawl is gorgeous! I hope you find somewhere to block it!